Self - Assessment
One of the heroes of the Integrative holistic medicine community is Dr. Lissa Rankin. These are questions she recommends asking folks in order to get to the real issues in their health history and challenges to a joyful life. This questions are the basic pillars of a health coaching assessment. And remember, lifestyle issues pay a much greater role in health and wellness than we used to think! I suggest you reflect on these and answer as truthfully as you can. If you want, write the answers down and make them the foundation for your daily journaling experience:
1.Is anything keeping you from being the most authentic, vital YOU? If so, what is holding you back?
2. What do feel is missing from your life? What do you appreciate most about your life?
3. Are you in a romantic relationship? If so, are you happy? If not, do you wish you were? If not happy, why do you think is missing?
Are you struggling to deal with emotional scars and wounds from childhood?
4. Are you fulfilled at work? Do you feel like you are in touch with your life purpose?
5. Do you feel sexually satisfied, either with a partner or yourself?
6. Do you express yourself creatively? If so, how? If not, do you feel creatively thwarted, like there’s something within you dying to me out?
7. Do you feel financially healthy? Is money a stressor in your life? What would you like to change about your financial situation?
8. If your fairy godmother could change one thing about your life, what would you wish for?
9. What rules do you follow that you wish you could break?
I welcome any comments, suggestions or questions, any time!
Dr. John Monaco