top of page
Search

CONNECTION


Human Connection


It is interesting, I hope you’ll agree , that although Homo Sapiens have been around for something like 100,000 years, regional differentiation of appearance and other characteristics only appeared around 30,000 years ago. In other words, for only 30% of the time that our species has been on earth in its higher forms have Europeans looked like Europeans, Asians like Asians and Africans like Africans. This means that for the remaining 70% of time we have shared the planet, we all looked pretty much the same.

I know that many folks are uncomfortable with the thought that, despite our ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or geographic origins we are all similar, but given the long arc of human evolution, it appears that we are! And when you consider the discord that results from religious and political “differences” between us, the conflict over these “differences” becomes even more absurd.

So much of our own individual health and wellness comes from our desire and ability to reach out and help those less fortunate than ourselves. This is much more easily accomplished, and therefore healthier, when we realize that all humans on earth are members of the same evolutionary family.

There is a quote from the film “The Whale” where the main character Charlie rhetorically asks, “Do you ever get the feeling that people are incapable of not caring?”

Ponder this for minute. We must care for others. we really have no choice. Why? Because we are all basically related, part of the same, diverse, amazing, problem plagued, struggling human family. It is inhuman not to care. Let your heart strings be tugged at by those in need, and don’t be afraid to reach out and help. It may be a bother to do so, but it is our genetic connection and cosmic pull to help our fellow Homo Sapiens. They, and you, will be better for your generosity.


In health,


Dr. John Monaco

MONACO Wellness

(813) 252-6378

9 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Comments


bottom of page